Coriander is one of the most useful spices in home remedy. It have lots of benefits. Coriander seeds and leaves both are used in home remedy. Some peoples ask the question are Coriander and Cilantro the same the answer of this question is yes, coriander is also known as Cilantro.
Some peoples are also ask the question are coriander and parsley the same and the answer of this question is, coriander is also known as “Chinese Parsley“which hints that they are similar, but not quite the same.
Other Names of coriander: Chinese Parsley, Cilantro, Coriandre, Coriandri Fructus, Coriander Essential Oil, Coriandrum sativum, Dhanyaka, Huile Essentielle de Coriandre, Koriander, Kustumburi and more.
Biological source – Coriandrum sativum
Family – Umbelliferae
1. It decreases cholestrol level in body
It helps in reducing the cholesterol which can harm health and increase the cholesterol beneficial for health.
2. Beneficial for digestive system
It is also particularly beneficial for the digestive system. It helps in increasing the activation of liver.
3. Control sugar level in blood
It is also very beneficial for diabetes patients. It works to control the level of blood sugar.
4. Used in the treatment of arthritis
Coriander leaf has anti-inflammatory properties. Because of which it is also very useful in arthritis.
5. Used as an antiseptic
It is also very effective in healing the wounds of the mouth. The anti-septic property present in it helps in healing the wounds of the mouth quickly.
6. It activates nervous system
Coriander leaves are also very beneficial in keeping the nervous system active.
7. Used in the treatment of skin disease
Its use in many skin related diseases like pimples, blackheads and dry skin is very beneficial.
Some side effects of coriander
- Don’t take coriander in access level during pregnancy and breast-feeding.
- Some people are allergic to mugwort, caraway, fennel, dill, or many similar plants. So they don’t take coriander.
- Coriander can be decrease blood pressure(B.P).