Eyes are the very sensitive part of our body. Sometimes foreign particles attacks on the eye. Often small particles of dust, wood, stone, coal, glass or an insect may get into the eyes and cause irritation, redness and watering in the eyes and vision may be blurred.
- Make the patient sit in a chair.
- Ask him not to rub the eyes.
- Gently wipe the foreign body out with a wisp of cotton wool or with the folded comer of a clean handkerchief
- Wash the eyes with warm water
- Put eye drops.
- Do not attempt to remove a foreign body lodged in the eye.
- If strong acids have entered into the eyes wash it out by washing the eyes with a weak solution of sodium carbonate.
- If strong alkalies have entered into the eyes wash it out by washing the eyes with vinegar solution.
- If unsuccessful, take the patient to the doctor.